Friday 4 January 2008

Diary of a Nobody

This glorious book, by George and Weedon Grossmith, which I've just re-read under the comfort blanket sheltering me from my annual Heavy Cold, should give heart and inspiration to all new year bloggers and chroniclers, wherever they may be.

(Quote)

'Why should I not publish my diary? I have often seen reminiscences of people I have never even heard of, and I fail to see - because I do not happen to be a 'Somebody' - why my diary should not be interesting. My only regret is that I did not commence it when I was a youth.

CHARLES POOTER,
The Laurels,
Brickfield Terrace,
Holloway.


The name Pooter is much more apposite than 'blogger'. The World Wide Web could have been created with Pooter in mind - a global network of pooters.

Happy pootering!

No comments: